Intensive English Program with TOEFL
The curriculum has been devised to help students realize that:
- Language is functional
- Language is varied and changes.
- Language learning is a cultural process.
- The acquisition of language is a long-term.
- Language learning comes about through practical use and interaction.
- Native language proficiency contributes to learning a second language.
- Being bilingual is an individual and social asset.
- The components of the program are divided into skill categories based on the CASAS Standards and align with the implemented curriculum.
- TOEFL Preparation is the final component of the program.
The course is a comprehensive overview of the advanced-level speaking, listening, reading and writing skills needed to succeed on the Test of English as a Foreign Language exam. Through an intense review of test-taking strategies and the skills, students will develop a high level of general language ability in both receptive (listening and reading) and productive (speaking and writing) skill areas to achieve an excellent score. This TOEFL course is accompanied by the computer lab where students complete practice activities and take practice exams. Results are reviewed in order to work on areas of weakness.